Softball Falls During Final Game of ACC/Big Ten Challenge

By Kaylee Brooks

The ACC Big 10 Final game was held on Sunday, February 17, 2019 at Dail Stadium in RALEIGH,
NC, between the NC State Wolfpack (3-6) and the Wisconsin Badgers (8-1). Wisconsin scooped
up their eighth win of their season by a score of 6-3.

It was looking like a close game in the first inning when both teams had three batters up to the
plate for three quick outs each. Wisconsin was the first to put runs on the board in the 3 rd inning
after a lead off walk, a base hit, and a three run home run over center field.

The Wolfpack tied up the game in the 4th when Sam Russ scored after a single on an RBI double
up the left field line hit by sophomore, Logan Morris. Once the rally began, with an 0-2 count,
Bridget Nordberg launched one over the right field fence for a two-run home run, her third of
the season. But Wisconsin didn’t give up after the Wolfpack tied the game. Wisconsin regained
their lead in the 5 th with three runs on three hits.

Speaking with Nordberg postgame, when asked about her thoughts of stepping back into the
box on an 0-2 count, she said, “I wasn’t feeling too good. Coach told me to barrel up the ball
and I knew that there was nothing else I could do. Even though it was a check swing and I didn’t
swing all the way through, I knew it was gone as soon as it came off the bat.”

The Wolfpack will be back in action on Wednesday when they travel to Elon.  The first pitch is set for 4PM at Hunt Softball Park.

Published in News.